Analysis of biofuels (FAME)
By using a Bruker FTIR spectrometer ALPHA with a flow through cell a fast and accurate analysis of the FAME content in diesel according to DIN EN 14078 is possible. Due to a robust instrumental setup, simple sample preparation and a user-friendly measurement procedure the analysis can even be performed by untrained users. Typically, the IR-analysis takes less than two minutes per sample. In combination with an autosampler also larger sample numbers can be measured fully automated.
Bruker's FT-NIR spectrometers can be used in the bioethanol, biogas and biodiesel industry for the many essential applications.
- Monitoring incoming grain: moisture, starch, fat and protein contents
- Fermentation monitoring: ethanol, glucose, starch, glycerol, lactic acid and other carbohydrates in fermented mash.
- Dry house operations: moisture, protein, fat, fiber and ash content in DDGS
- QC analysis of by-products: percent solids in syrup.
- Analysis of incoming oils, fats or seeds for free fatty acids (FFA), moisture and oil content
- Monitoring the transesterification step and other processes online and 24/7
- Quality control & blend verification of the finished product
- Testing the valuable by-products like glycerin, fertilizer or animal feed
- Fat analysis
- Protein analysis
- Dry Matter (DM) analysis
- Organic Dry Substance (ODS) analysis
- Starch analysis
- Volatile Fatty Acids (FA) analysis
- Ammonia and others analysis