Versatile high performance FT-Raman module
The RAM II is an add-on module that can be coupled to Bruker Optics’ VERTEX Series multi-range FTIR spectrometers. It has a large sample compartment to utilize an extensive range of pre-aligned sampling accessories that are designed to accommodate all types of sample formats; from powders to liquids in vials. Bruker offers various internal and external accessories to enhance the performance of the RAM II, including the RamanScope III - FT-Raman microscope for micro-analysis. Switching between the infrared and Raman is fully software controlled.
- FT-Raman module for VERTEX series
- Automatic Accessory Recognition (AAR) and Automatic Component Recognition (ACR)
- Possibility of upgrade with FT-Raman or dispersive Raman microscope
- Stokes shift down to 50 cm-1
- Second excitation line available
- Full line of internal and external accessories
- RockSolid™ interferometer for permanently aligned optics and insensitivity to vibrations
- Fully automated test routines for validation according to cGMP (OQ, PQ)
- 21 CFR Part 11 and validation according to EU-, JP- and US-Pharmacopeia
Combined Raman technology
The RamanScope III microscope can be coupled to Bruker‘s FT-Raman spectrometers, such as the stand-alone FT-Raman spectrometer MultiRAM or fully digital RAM II module, to utilize the long wavelength benefits of 1064 nm excitation for fluorescence-free analysis of microscopic samples.
The permanently aligned RocksolidTM interferometer is a unique patented component which yields over 20% higher throughput than ordinary interferometer design. It benefits from dual retro reflection cube corner mirrors and wear-free pivot mechanism located in the center of mass, which ensures exceptional stability and reliability even in harsh environment. With its patented design, the elimination of mirror tilt optically and prevention of mirror shear mechanically is reached.
- No need of standby mode to protect the bearing
- No need of recalibration after movement
- No wearing of mechanical bearing, no spare parts, minimization of service costs
- Resistance to vibration and thermal effects